Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Spaghetti Squash Bolognese
Spaghetti squash is a truly remarkable thing and coupled with the high protein, low-calorie bolognese sauce you'll be amazed. The entire family is bound to love the Spaghetti Squash Bolognese recipe and the great thing is you'll be staying on plan!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash Halved
- 1/2 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 11/4 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Diced Tomatoes Diced
- 2 stalk Scallions Minced
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Low-fat Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Bake spaghetti squash with the cut side facing down on a baking sheet for about 30 minutes, or until the flesh of the squash can be easily shredded with a fork. When the squash is finished, remove from the oven and scrape the flesh out with a fork into a bowl. Measure out 3 cups and reserve any extras for another meal. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt (optional) and the basil leaves to the 3 cups of spaghetti squash, and mix to combine.
- While the squash is cooking, combine the ground beef with the tomatoes, scallions, water, paprika, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt into a pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to a medium-low and simmer for about 30 minutes.