Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Chicken Parmesan
- 1Healthy Fat
A classic Italian dish, this Chicken Parmesan is absolutely amazing! Coupled with some light zucchini noodles and you have a hearty dish that's on plan, great tasting and a true family pleaser!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1.75 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Large Flake Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Large Flake Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt Divided (optional)*
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 (15oz.) can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 stalk Scallions Chopped
- 2 medium Zucchini Spiraled
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Combine the almond flour and (2tbsp+2tsp together) of large flake nutritional yeast in a medium-sized bowl. Season chicken breast with salt (optional) and pepper, and then coat both sides with almond mixture.
- Bake the chicken for 12 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165*F. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and set aside to rest.
- While the chicken is baking, combine tomatoes, oregano, garlic, and scallions in a pot and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Zucchinis (1 lb. total), cut, sliced, or "spiralized" into noodle-like strands (should yield about 4 cups zucchini noodles). Steam zucchini "noodles" in a steamer basket over boiling water on stovetop until tender.
- Serve zucchini "noodles" with marinara and chicken.