Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Broccoli Cheddar Breakfast Bake
- 1 1/2Condiment
We've all heard breakfast is the most important meal of the day, we'll with this healthy lean and green Broccoli Cheddar Breakfast Bake you're certain to get off on the right foot!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 6 cup Small Broccoli florets
- 9 large Eggs
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)*
- 1 can Light Cooking Spray
- 4 oz Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- In a large microwave-safe dish, add broccoli with 2 to 3 Tbsp. water. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Transfer broccoli to a colander to drain off any excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasonings in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Arrange the broccoli on the bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese over the broccoli, and then pour the egg mixture over top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set and top forms a light brown crust.