Lean & Green Healthy California Club Tacos
Who doesn't love a good taco? We'll these unique California Club Tacos are made from a cheese slice shell and will have you wondering why they weren't made this way all along!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 3 oz Grilled Chicken Breast Chopped
- 2 slice Cooked Turkey Bacon Chopped
- 1/2 small Avocado Diced
- 2 tbsp Reduced Fat Ranch
- 1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cup Romaine Lettuce Chopped
- 3 slice 2% milk provolone
- 1 can Cooking spray
- Make provolone taco shells: Place 1 slice of provolone cheese on a paper plate (needs to be coated or leakproof) grease with the cooking spray or a microwave safe Taco rack holder. Microwave on high for 60 seconds.
- Remove from microwave immediately and, if necessary, reform cheese into a circle. Wait 5 seconds for the cheese to cool and then form into a taco shell shape on the edge of a dish or microwave safe taco rack holder. Let cool until set. Repeat for the remaining 2 slices of cheese.
- To make the filing: Toss the chicken, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, ranch, and lettuce to combine.
- Fill the cooled taco shells with the lettuce mixture. Serve any extra as a side-salad.