Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Cauliflower Crust Chicken Potpie
Nothing says comfort food like a delicious potpie! With this amazing recipe for a Cauliflower Crust Chicken Potpie you'll be on plan and satisfying your need for some amazing comfort food!
TIP: Mix the reserved 1/4 of riced cauliflower with the unsweetened almond milk before adding to lessen the chance of the milk curdling when added.
SLOW COOKER METHOD: Make the cauliflower crust as directed. Add all of the remaining ingredients for the potpie filling to a slow cooker. Cover with lid, and cook on low for 2 hours.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 4 cup Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 1/4 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cubed
- 1/2 cup Celery Drained
- 1/2 cup Kobacha Squash Diced
- 1/2 cup Button Mushrooms Quartered
- 1/2 cup Green Beans
- 1-2 stalk Fresh Thyme
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Combine cauliflower and water in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Drain and allow cauliflower to cool. Place cauliflower in a cheesecloth to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix 3/4 of the riced cauliflower with the parmesan cheese and egg. Reserve the 1/4 of riced cauliflower for later.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread cauliflower mixture into 4 equally-sized circles that will fit the inside circumference of your serving bowls. Bake cauliflower crust at 400*F for about 4-8 minutes until center is dry and crust is golden brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients to an Instant Pot, including the reserved riced cauliflower, to make the potpie filling. Secure lid, push meat/stew mode, and adjust time for 10 minutes. When Instant Pot beeps, naturally release pressure.
- Ladle chicken potpie filling into bowls and top each with a cauliflower crust.