Lean and Green Cheddar & Chive Savory Smashed Potato Waffles
This simple Cheddar & Chive Savory Smashed Potato Waffles fueling hack is a perfect change of pace!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 4 sachet OPTAVIA Essential Roasted Garlic Creamy Smashed Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 cup Liquid Egg Substitute
- 2 medium Turkey Bacon Chopped
- 1/4 cup Scallions Chopped
- 1 can Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup Low-fat Greek Yogurt
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix Garlic Creamy Smashed Potatoes, milk, cheese, and egg substitute until well combined.
- Cook 1 to 2 slices of turkey bacon according to package directions and chop into small pieces. Add the chopped scallions. Gently fold ingredients all together.
- Pour mixture onto a hot, lightly greased waffle iron. Close lid, and bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden brown. Carefully remove waffle from waffle iron, and serve.