Lean & Green Healthy Cheesy Bacon Smothered Chicken
- 1Healthy Fat
What is not to like about this recipe!? This Cheesy Bacon Smothered Chicken recipe takes very little time and taste amazing! Our house can't get enough of it!
Benefits of Boneless Skinless Chicken in your Diet
If you're looking for a healthy, low-calorie food that's easy to prepare, boneless skinless chicken breast is the perfect option. Chicken breasts are rich in selenium and vitamin B which help promote heart health, as well as high protein and low fat content that makes it great for anyone trying to lose weight. Chicken breasts are also versatile and can be used in many different dishes such as sandwiches or salads.
Chicken breasts are a high protein, low-fat food.
You can enjoy the benefits of boneless skinless chicken breasts in your diet. They are a high protein, low-fat food that provides nearly all the essential amino acids and vitamins. Protein is important for building muscle, boosting immunity, lowering blood pressure and improving heart health. It also promotes healthy hair growth and helps you feel full longer so you won’t overeat at mealtime.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 10 oz Cooked Chicken Breast Sliced
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 6 slice Canadian Bacon Chopped
- 4 slice Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley
- 5 tbsp Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach Chopped
- 1 slice Sun Dried Tomatoes Chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the Canadian bacon, remove from skillet, and drain off the fat. Chop the bacon and set aside for later. Using the same skillet add the olive oil.
- Lay the thinly sliced chicken in the skillet and cook on a medium to high heat for approximately 4 minutes on each side OR until brown on each side, cook until there is not pink in the chicken pieces.
- In the same skillet, add the almond milk, chicken broth, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.Whisk over a medium/high heat until it begins to thicken.
- Add in the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and allow it to simmer until the spinach starts to wilt. Turn the heat on low, add in the chicken pieces one at a time into the pan, lightly coat with the sauce and place the sliced mozzarella cheese over each piece of chicken and sprinkle the chopped bacon on top.
- Cover for approximately 1 minute until the cheese completely melts.