Lean and Green Cheesy Bacon Smothered Chicken
- 1Healthy Fat
What is not to like about this recipe!? This Cheesy Bacon Smothered Chicken recipe takes very little time and taste amazing! Our house can't get enough of it!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 10 oz Cooked Chicken Breast Sliced
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 6 slice Canadian Bacon Chopped
- 4 slice Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley
- 5 tbsp Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach Chopped
- 1 slice Sun Dried Tomatoes Chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the Canadian bacon, remove from skillet, and drain off the fat. Chop the bacon and set aside for later. Using the same skillet add the olive oil.
- Lay the thinly sliced chicken in the skillet and cook on a medium to high heat for approximately 4 minutes on each side OR until brown on each side, cook until there is not pink in the chicken pieces.
- In the same skillet, add the almond milk, chicken broth, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.Whisk over a medium/high heat until it begins to thicken.
- Add in the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and allow it to simmer until the spinach starts to wilt. Turn the heat on low, add in the chicken pieces one at a time into the pan, lightly coat with the sauce and place the sliced mozzarella cheese over each piece of chicken and sprinkle the chopped bacon on top.
- Cover for approximately 1 minute until the cheese completely melts.