Lean and Green Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo
- 1Healthy Fat
Did we mention how much we love Gumbo? No, well we love gumbo and you're going to love this Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo recipe too! It hits all the high spots on flavor but won't weigh you down with extra carbs and calories!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 small Scallions Chopped
- 2 stalk Celery Diced
- 1.5 cup(s) Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 small Bay Leaf
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1.5 cup(s) Okra Chopped
- 1 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 cup(s) Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 3/4 lbs Raw Shrimp
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 large Red Bell Peppers Diced
- Heat oil in a large pot, and add the garlic, scallions, celery, and bell pepper; cook until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, water, thyme, bay leaf, and cayenne; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the okra and chicken and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and shrimp, and simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. If gumbo is too thick, add water as desired. Season with salt and pepper, and serve hot.