Lean & Green Healthy Chicken Stuffed with Broccoli and Cheese
- 1 1/3Condiment
- 1Healthy Fat
Broccoli & Cheese are so delicious and this Chicken Stuffed with Broccoli and Cheese recipe is a true delight. The entire family is sure to enjoy this delicious on plan dish!
TIPS: Cast iron skillet recommended because it can go from stove top to oven. If you do not have one use a skillet and transfer to an oven safe baking dish after searing chicken. Chop the broccoli finely so it will fit more easily in the chicken breast pocket. Be careful to not slice all the way through the chicken breast when making the pocket for the broccoli and cheese.
Benefits of Boneless Skinless Chicken in your Diet
If you're looking for a healthy, low-calorie food that's easy to prepare, boneless skinless chicken breast is the perfect option. Chicken breasts are rich in selenium and vitamin B which help promote heart health, as well as high protein and low fat content that makes it great for anyone trying to lose weight. Chicken breasts are also versatile and can be used in many different dishes such as sandwiches or salads.
Chicken breasts are a high protein, low-fat food.
You can enjoy the benefits of boneless skinless chicken breasts in your diet. They are a high protein, low-fat food that provides nearly all the essential amino acids and vitamins. Protein is important for building muscle, boosting immunity, lowering blood pressure and improving heart health. It also promotes healthy hair growth and helps you feel full longer so you won’t overeat at mealtime.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 24 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder Divided
- 1 tsp Onion Powder Divided
- 1/4 tsp Paprika (optional)*
- 1 cup Small Broccoli florets FInely Chopped
- 1 cup Red Bell Peppers FInely Chopped
- 1 cup Low Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp Light Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Mix together the spices salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, and paprika (optional). Divide mixture in half and season the chicken breast on both sides. Using a sharp knife to cut a slice through the middle of the chicken breast, but not all the way through, creating a pocket for the broccoli and cheese filling.
- Place the broccoli in a microwaveable dish and add about 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Drain the excess water. Using the same dish add the bell pepper, cheese, mayo, and the remaining seasoning mixture between the chicken breast. A toothpick usually help to secure the filling in the chicken breast.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet (or any skillet that you prefer and transfer to an oven safe baking dish) over medium heat, add the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sear the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. After searing cover the skillet with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until chicken reads 165*F. Set aside and let rest for 5 minutes.