Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Crock Pot Artichoke & Spinach Chicken
- 1Healthy Fat
There's not much like the creamy flavor of a properly prepared Spinach and Artichoke dip and with this Crock Pot Artichoke & Spinach Chicken recipe you'll get a full helping of flavor and still be sticking to your plan!
NOTE: OMIT the jar of Artichoke Hearts if you are on the 5&1 plan. Cook on HIGH for 4 hrs.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 small Garlic Cloves
- 24 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Leeks Chopped
- 12 oz Artichoke Hearts (optional)*
- 2 cup Spinach Chopped
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon juice
- In a large pan on medium high heat add 2 Tablespoon of olive oil, with 4 garlic cloves of minced garlic and 6 (4oz.) boneless skinless chicken breast. Brown the chicken on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes each side. Take out the chicken breast and place in a crock pot set on high for 4 hrs.
- In the hot pan that the chicken was cooked in add 1 cup of chopped leeks, optional 1 jar of artichoke hearts (omit if on 5&1 plan), 2 cups of chopped spinach, and 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers to saute until spinach is wilted and the onions are translucent.
- Add that mixture into the crock pot over the top of the chicken breast. In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup of water, 1 tsp. of chicken bouillon, 1 tbsp. parsley, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. basil, 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp. salt(optional), 1tsp. Black Pepper and 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice and wisk together and pour over the top the veggies and chicken in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hrs.