Lean & Green Healthy Crock Pot Artichoke & Spinach Chicken
- 1Healthy Fat
There's not much like the creamy flavor of a properly prepared Spinach and Artichoke dip and with this Crock Pot Artichoke & Spinach Chicken recipe you'll get a full helping of flavor and still be sticking to your plan!
NOTE: OMIT the jar of Artichoke Hearts if you are on the 5+1 plan. Cook on HIGH for 4 hrs.
Benefits of Boneless Skinless Chicken in your Diet
If you're looking for a healthy, low-calorie food that's easy to prepare, boneless skinless chicken breast is the perfect option. Chicken breasts are rich in selenium and vitamin B which help promote heart health, as well as high protein and low fat content that makes it great for anyone trying to lose weight. Chicken breasts are also versatile and can be used in many different dishes such as sandwiches or salads.
Chicken breasts are a high protein, low-fat food.
You can enjoy the benefits of boneless skinless chicken breasts in your diet. They are a high protein, low-fat food that provides nearly all the essential amino acids and vitamins. Protein is important for building muscle, boosting immunity, lowering blood pressure and improving heart health. It also promotes healthy hair growth and helps you feel full longer so you won’t overeat at mealtime.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Crock Pot Artichoke & Spinach Chicken Ingredients
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 small Garlic Cloves
- 24 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Leeks Chopped
- 12 oz Artichoke Hearts (optional)*
- 2 cup Spinach Chopped
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon juice
Lean & Green Crock Pot Artichoke & Spinach Chicken Instructions
- In a large pan on medium high heat add 2 Tablespoon of olive oil, with 4 garlic cloves of minced garlic and 6 (4oz.) boneless skinless chicken breast. Brown the chicken on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes each side. Take out the chicken breast and place in a crock pot set on high for 4 hrs.
- In the hot pan that the chicken was cooked in add 1 cup of chopped leeks, optional 1 jar of artichoke hearts (omit if on 5&1 plan), 2 cups of chopped spinach, and 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers to saute until spinach is wilted and the onions are translucent.
- Add that mixture into the crock pot over the top of the chicken breast. In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup of water, 1 tsp. of chicken bouillon, 1 tbsp. parsley, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. basil, 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp. salt(optional), 1tsp. Black Pepper and 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice and wisk together and pour over the top the veggies and chicken in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hrs.
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Chicken Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Chicken Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Chicken Recipes easily!