Lean and Green Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
Recipe recommends 13-14 oz. chicken breast - that when cooked it will yield about 9oz. cooked. * If you choose to not use any cheese, use 18 oz. raw chicken breast which should yield approximately 12 oz. of cooked. You can use Kraft 2% Mexican Cheese (optional) to garnish the soup.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cup Water
- 1 cup Rotel Diced Tomatoesw/ green chilies
- 1 tsp Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 13-14 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 cup Green Cabbage Chopped
- 2 cup Reduced-Fat Mexican Cheese Blend
- Combine chicken broth, water, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, cumin, chili powder, garlic, cabbage and chicken in a crockpot. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Shred chicken breast in the crockpot before serving. Pour soup into bowls and top with cheese (optional).