Lean and Green Curry Crusted Salmon with Chili Braised Napa Cabbage
If you in need of a quick, easy, and tasty dinner, then you have found the right recipe! This Curry Crusted Salmon with Chili Braised Napa Cabbage recipe is perfect for those looking to make something healthy with very little time.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 4 (6oz.) small Boneless Skinless Salmon fillets
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1 1/2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 1/4 lbs Napa Cabbage Chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger Root Minced
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 stalk Green Onions Minced
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Gently rub the salt over the salmon until dissolved. Allow salmon to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Spread the curry powder on a plate and roll each salmon fillet in the curry powder until evenly coated.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet, and bake in oven at 425*F for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the salmon is baking cut the Napa cabbage into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a skillet, combine the chicken broth and ginger, bring to a broil. Add the cabbage and red pepper flakes; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- Stir the green onions in with the cabbage. Serve the salmon on a bed of cabbage.