Lean & Green Healthy Faux Baked Potato Soup
Potato soup is a staple around our house, and now with this Faux Baked Potato Soup recipe we can enjoy a healthy meal that's easy and on plan.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1.5 cup Raw Cauliflower Chopped
- 1 slice Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge
- 1/2 cup Low Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/3 cup Cooked Turkey Bacon
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Grlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- In a pot, bring the low sodium chicken broth and the chopped cauliflower to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer setting, cover with a lid, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place in a blender to puree. Pour the pureed cauliflower back into the pot, turn on a low heat setting and add the Laughing Cow Wedge, 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of the chopped Turkey Bacon, 1/4 cup of water, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Remove from the heat. Top with the left-over shredded cheese and chopped bacon.