Lean and Green Faux Baked Potato Soup
Potato soup is a staple around our house, and now with this Faux Baked Potato Soup recipe we can enjoy a healthy meal that's easy and on plan.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1.5 cup Raw Cauliflower Chopped
- 1 slice Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge
- 1/2 cup Low Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/3 cup Cooked Turkey Bacon
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Grlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- In a pot, bring the low sodium chicken broth and the chopped cauliflower to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer setting, cover with a lid, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place in a blender to puree. Pour the pureed cauliflower back into the pot, turn on a low heat setting and add the Laughing Cow Wedge, 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of the chopped Turkey Bacon, 1/4 cup of water, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Remove from the heat. Top with the left-over shredded cheese and chopped bacon.