Lean & Green Healthy Fish Sticks with Homemade Dipping Sauce
- 2Healthy Fat
If you're looking for a healthy, lean, and green recipe that's low-calorie and still super yummy, this one is just for you. Fish sticks with homemade dipping sauce are the perfect way to treat yourself without feeling like you're doing anything wrong.
The fish sticks are made with cod, which is super easy to find and cook up. The green beans are also simple: toss them in a pan with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then serve them alongside your fish sticks.
The best part of this meal is the dipping sauce: it's made from plain mustard, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. It's so simple that you can make it in advance to save time on the serving day!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Fish Sticks with Homemade Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 6 tbsp Almond Flour
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 lbs Cod Fillet Sliced
- 4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 cup Green Beans
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
Lean & Green Fish Sticks with Homemade Dipping Sauce Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425⁰F.
- Line sheet pan with parchment or foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place on a prepared sheet pan and bake for about 5 to 6 minutes until cooked.
- Combine parmesan, almond flour, salt, and pepper.
- Coat both sides of the fish with flour mixture.
- While fish sticks bake, steam green beans. Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add green beans, cover, and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pick a sauce and make it
- (sauce 1) For the lemon mustard sauce, combine the lemon juice, mustard, and extra virgin olive oil;
- (sauce 2) For the basil aioli, combine the mayonnaise, basil, and garlic; mix well.
- Per serving: 4 fish sticks, 1½ cups steamed green beans, and one tablespoon of lemon mustard or basil aioli sauce.