Lean and Green Fresh Asparagus Guacamole
Your asparagus has never had it this good! An amazing lower calorie alternative to traditional guacamole, this Fresh Asparagus Guacamole is sure to be a hit at your next party!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno Peppers Minced
- 3 cup Asparagus Chopped
- 1/2 cup Scallions Sliced
- 1 cup fresh whole Tomatoes Diced
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Reduce Sodium Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice (optional)*
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice (optional)*
- Prep the ingredients separately and set aside.
- Cut asparagus into small pieces. Slice the scallions thinly. Chop the fresh cilantro. Mince the jalapeno pepper and garlic. Dice the tomatoes.
- Place the asparagus into steamer insert and set it into a pot with over one inch of water. Bring the water to a broil.
- Place a cover on the pot and steam the asparagus for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the asparagus to the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus puree with the lemon or lime juice (option of 1, of your choice not both), jalapeno pepper, scallions, tomato, garlic, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce. Gently stir to combine.
- Add the salt and pepper to asparagus puree. Chill in refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes before serving.