Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
- 2Healthy Fat
Use a Spiralizer or Julienne Peeler to create the Zucchini Noodles for this Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles recipe! Light and flavorful, add this to your weekly selections for a simple and quick on-plan meal!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to OPTAVAIA, weighing your food is an important part of the OPTAVIA 5 & 1 program; in fact, it's one of the key elements. If you want to be successful, you need to make sure that each meal has been weighed exactly to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 9 oz Raw Shrimp
- 2 tsp Olive Oil Divided
- 1/2 tbsp Light Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1.25 tsp Fresh Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes Halved
- 1 cup Zucchini Noodles
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- In a large skillet, on medium-high heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil, add the shrimp and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- After the shrimp turns pink, add the butter, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, parsley, and tomatoes; toss in the pan.
- In another skillet heat 1 tsp. of olive oil on medium-high heat, add the zucchini noodles and saute for 1-2 minutes. Do not over cook the zucchini noodles, put in at the last minute.
- Put the zucchini noodles on a dish, add the shrimp mixture and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. fresh Parmesan cheese.