Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Green Bean Casserole
- 1/2Healthy Fat
Trying to figure out what side dish you're going to make? Try this Green Bean Casserole recipe! It's healthy twist on the American classic dish.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1, (16oz.) oz Frozen Green Beans
- 1 can Light Cooking Spray
- 2 cup Baby Bella Mushrooms Chopped
- 1/4 cup Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 3/4 cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Microwave green beans according to the package directions.
- Lightly grease a medium-sized skillet, and heat over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic until tender, approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Combine mushroom mixture with the green beans in a small bowl. Toss vegetables in sauce mixture until it is well combined.
- Spread into a lightly-greased baking dish, top with parmesan cheese, and bake until topping is golden brown, approximately 30 to 35 minutes.