Lean and Green Green Bean Casserole
- 1/2Healthy Fat
Do you love this holiday dish, well so do we! Now you can Green Bean Casserole anytime and when you have it, you'll be staying on plan as well!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 - 16 oz Frozen Green Beans
- 3 dash Light Cooking Spray
- 2 cup Button Mushrooms Chopped
- 1/4 cup Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 3/4 cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Light Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 packet Stevia
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Microwave green beans according to package directions.
- Lightly grease a medium-sized skillet, and heat over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Combine mushroom mixture with green beans in a medium-sized bowl, and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine Greek yogurt, sour cream, cornstarch, stevia, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Toss vegetables in sauce mixture until evenly coated. Add cheddare cheese, and mix until well combined.
- Spread into a lightly-greased baking dish, top with parmesan, and bake until topping is golden brown about 30 to 35 minutes.