Lean and Green Green Bean Lasagna
This is one of those cheesy dishes that uses only cheese as the lean, but I never seem to mind those recipes because I am a cheese lover you just need to watch the sodium. I also love green beans so this dish tastes very delicious to me. I know it isn't the same as regular lasagna but it is definitely a good substitute if you are craving it. Keep in mind to try and use 2% low fat cheese rather than fat free cheese because it melts better and won't taste as rubbery. Another choice to add to your lean and green meals!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1.5 cup Green Beans
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 3/4 cup Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Rao's Marinara Sauce
- 1 tbsp Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare green beans and place in a baking dish.
- Mix the garlic salt and basil with the ricotta cheese. Spread over green beans.
- Spread marinara sauce over the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and then broil until cheese is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.