Lean and Green Kale, Tomato, & Goat Cheese Egg Muffins
- 1Healthy Fat
Starbucks might have egg bites, but you can have these protein rich, on plan Kale, Tomato, & Goat Cheese Egg Muffins right at home! They're simple to make and you can save the extras for another time!
Kale -- (10-oz.package frozen, chopped kale, thawed and patted dry)
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 9 large Eggs Beaten
- 1 cup Egg Whites Beaten
- 1/4 cup Low-fat Greek Yogurt Beaten
- 2 oz Goat Cheese Cubed
- 1/2 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1,(10) oz Frozen Kale Chopped
- 2 cup Cherry Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 can Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, Greek yogurt, goat cheese, and salt (optional) in a large mixing bowl, until well mixed.
- Stir in the kale and cherry tomatoes.
- Divide mixture evenly among 20 to 24 slots of two, standard-size, lightly-greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until set in the middle and when a knife is inserted into the center and it comes out clean.