Lean & Green Healthy Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Squash With Spinach & Tomatoes
- 1Healthy Fat
Looking for a light and flavorful pasta style dish? The Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Squash With Spinach & Tomatoes has got you covered. With a 3 green count you'll get a full plate but stay on plan!
Benefits of Boneless Skinless Chicken in your Diet
If you're looking for a healthy, low-calorie food that's easy to prepare, boneless skinless chicken breast is the perfect option. Chicken breasts are rich in selenium and vitamin B which help promote heart health, as well as high protein and low fat content that makes it great for anyone trying to lose weight. Chicken breasts are also versatile and can be used in many different dishes such as sandwiches or salads.
Chicken breasts are a high protein, low-fat food.
You can enjoy the benefits of boneless skinless chicken breasts in your diet. They are a high protein, low-fat food that provides nearly all the essential amino acids and vitamins. Protein is important for building muscle, boosting immunity, lowering blood pressure and improving heart health. It also promotes healthy hair growth and helps you feel full longer so you won’t overeat at mealtime.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Squash With Spinach & Tomatoes Ingredients
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cubed
- 1/2 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Yellow Onion Diced
- 2 pt Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 2 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 4 cup Spaghetti Squash Halved
Lean & Green Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Squash With Spinach & Tomatoes Instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 400° then place halved spaghetti squash in open face down on a lightly greased baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
- Season chicken breast with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chicken breast until cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Removed chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and saute until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and remaining salt, reduce heat and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve contents of skillet atop cooked spaghetti squash!
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Chicken Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Chicken Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Chicken Recipes easily!