Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Maple Turkey Sausage Patties with Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns
- 1Healthy Fat
This is the best guilt-free sausage and hashbrowns recipe you're going to find, because this Maple Turkey Sausage Patties with Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns is low in calories but high on taste. Don't weigh down your morning, start off with this amazing and refreshing dish!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to OPTAVAIA, weighing your food is an important part of the OPTAVIA 5 & 1 program; in fact, it's one of the key elements. If you want to be successful, you need to make sure that each meal has been weighed exactly to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 large Spaghetti Squash Halved
- 1 cup Scallions Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 oz Low-fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 tsp Dried Sage
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Prepare the spaghetti squash. Cut the squash in half, and remove seeds and stringy pulp.
- Place each spaghetti squash half face down in a micro-wave safe baking dish, and fill dish with about 1 inch of water. Microwave on high for 10 to 15 minutes, until middle is tender and pulls apart easily.
- While spaghetti squash is cooking prepare the turkey sausage patties. Combine all seasonings in a bowl. Mix seasonings and syrup into ground turkey with hands. Form turkey mixture into patties, and cook in skillet with olive oil, until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Scrape flesh of spaghetti squash with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands, and remove strands from the skin.
- Allow squash to cool, and then squeeze the squash strands in your hands a few times over the sink to release excess water.
- Mix together in a large bowl the drained squash strands, scallions, garlic powder, eggs, salt (optional), and pepper.
- Cook squash mixture in a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Immediately top with the cheddar cheese, and serve with maple turkey sausage patties.