Lean and Green Mexican Meatloaf
A unique twist on a traditional comfort food favorite, this lean and green Mexican Meatloaf recipe is perfect for busy weeknights!
This is a family size serving.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 1/4 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Monterey Jack Cheese Shredded
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 4 oz Mild Green Chilies Chopped
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- In a bowl, mix beef, eggs, and spices. cut a large square of waxed paper and roll ground beef mixture into a flat square. Sprinkle with half the cheese and green chili. Roll wax paper, until its shaped into a loaf role ends up so stuff doesn't leak out. Carefully remove wax paper.
- Place in loaf pan, top with salsa. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle top with cheese bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts.