Lean & Green Healthy Mexican Meatloaf
A unique twist on a traditional comfort food favorite, this lean and green Mexican Meatloaf recipe is perfect for busy weeknights!
This is a family size serving.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Mexican Meatloaf Ingredients
- 2 1/4 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Monterey Jack Cheese Shredded
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 4 oz Mild Green Chilies Chopped
Lean & Green Mexican Meatloaf Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- In a bowl, mix beef, eggs, and spices. cut a large square of waxed paper and roll ground beef mixture into a flat square. Sprinkle with half the cheese and green chili. Roll wax paper, until its shaped into a loaf role ends up so stuff doesn't leak out. Carefully remove wax paper.
- Place in loaf pan, top with salsa. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle top with cheese bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Reduced Fat Monterey Jack Cheese
- Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Beef Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Beef Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Beef Recipes easily!