Lean and Green Mushroom Bun Sliders
How honestly doesn't love a good slider? Tiny little bite-sized burgers that are full of flavor and easy to handle! These Mushroom Bun Sliders give you all those flavors without the guilt, they're on plan and they're gluten free.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Scallions Finely Diced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1 can Light Cooking Spray
- 12 medium Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 6 small Reduced-fat Swiss Cheese Sliced
- 3 small Roma tomatoes Sliced
- 2 cup Romaine Lettuce
- Combine the beef, scallions, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, and salt (optional) in a medium-sized bowl, and mix well. From mixture create 12 small, flat beef patties using your thumb to make an indention on one side of the patties.
- Coat grill rack lightly with cooking spray. Add beef patties, and grill covered, on medium heat until desired doneness.
- Add sliced mushroom caps to grill rack, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side (mushroom should still be somewhat firm).
- Cut cheese slices into four pieces each. Assemble sliders using sliced mushroom caps as buns, and add two pieces of cheese per slider. Serve with tomato slices and lettuce.