Lean & Green Healthy Pan-Seared Scallops and Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 2Healthy Fat
Scallops are an amazing option for those looking for a lighter protein, but are not big on fish. This delicious recipe is big on flavor but low on calories, helping make sure you have no problems staying right on plan!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1(6oz.) jar oz Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 oz Avocado
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 small Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 small Zucchini
- 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 lbs Scallops
- In a blender, combine (drained) roasted red pepper (look for some without any added sugar), milk, avocado, lemon juice, garlic, crushed red pepper, and 1/4 tsp. salt (optional). Puree until smooth.
- Heat roasted red pepper sauce in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add zucchini noodles (ends removed, cut into spaghetti-like strands with a spiralizer, mandolin, or julienne peeler), stir to incorporate, and continue cooking until cooked to your liking, another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season scallops with remaining salt (optional). Cook scallops until golden brown on each side and translucent in the center, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Serve scallops atop zucchini noodles.