Lean and Green Pan-Seared Scallops and Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 2Healthy Fat
Scallops are an amazing option for those looking for a lighter protein, but are not big on fish. This delicious recipe is big on flavor but low on calories, helping make sure you have no problems staying right on plan!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1(6oz.) jar oz Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 oz Avocado
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 small Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 small Zucchini
- 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 lbs Scallops
- In a blender, combine (drained) roasted red pepper (look for some without any added sugar), milk, avocado, lemon juice, garlic, crushed red pepper, and 1/4 tsp. salt (optional). Puree until smooth.
- Heat roasted red pepper sauce in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add zucchini noodles (ends removed, cut into spaghetti-like strands with a spiralizer, mandolin, or julienne peeler), stir to incorporate, and continue cooking until cooked to your liking, another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season scallops with remaining salt (optional). Cook scallops until golden brown on each side and translucent in the center, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Serve scallops atop zucchini noodles.