Lean and Green Parmesan Meatballs & Collard Greens
Who said meatballs were only for pasta? This Parmesan Meatballs & Collard Greens recipe is easy and delicious! This is a dish that the whole family is sure to love!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 12 cup Collard Greens Chopped
- 11/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 11/4 lbs Lean Ground Pork
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Low-fat Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Hemp Seeds
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add the collard greens. Cover and cook until the greens have reduced to half their original size, about 5 minutes. Drain the water, and add the chicken stock. Simmer collards in broth over medium-low heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- While the collard greens are cooking make the meatballs by combining the ground pork, eggs, salt, and pepper. Shape the mixture into 8 evenly-sized meatballs.
- Add the meatballs to the collards and simmer for 20 more minutes.
- Remove the meatballs, and stir in the hemp seeds, parmesan, and balsamic vinegar to the collard green mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve meatballs on a bed of braised collards.