Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- 1Healthy Fat
Nothing's better than a cream filled red velvet cake and this Red Velvet Whoopie Pies fueling hack will absolutely hit the spot!
NEEDS:Regular or Heart Shaped Muffin Tin.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 sachet OPTAVIA Essential Golden Chip Pancakes
- 2 sachet OPTAVIA Essential Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1/2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (optional)*
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (optional)*
- 1/2 cup Cashew Milk (optional)*
- 6 tbsp Liquid Egg Substitute
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 dash Red Food Coloring (optional)*
- 1 can Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Low-Fat Cream Cheese
- 1-2 packet Zero-calorie sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine Golden Pancakes, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a medium-sized bowl. Add milk, egg and apple cider vinegar, and mix until a batter-like consistency.Optional, add a dash of red food coloring.
- Divide the batter evenly among eight slots of a lightly greased regular or heart-shaped muffin tin (only fill a third of each tin slot). Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking, combine the cream cheese and sugar substitute (to taste}.
- Once cooled, slice each muffin in half horizontally. spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese filling onto the bottom half of each muffin, and top with the remaining muffin halves.