Lean and Green Salmon Florentine
Salmon is by far our favorite fish when prepared properly and this Salmon Florentine recipe is sure to leave you satisfied! With a flavorful assortment of spinach, green onions, tomatoes and ricotta cheese you'll wonder how something so amazing is still on plan!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1/2 cup Green Onions Chopped
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1(12) oz Spinach Chopped
- 11/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes Chopped
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 4 (51/2) oz Salmon
- Spray small Light Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a medium skillet, cook onions in oil until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add the spinach (12-oz.package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and patted dry), chopped cherry tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, salt (optional) and pepper. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let cool 10 minutes. Stir in the ricotta cheese (part-skim)
- Place a quarter of the spinach mixture on top of each salmon fillet. Place fillet on a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.