Lean & Green Healthy Salmon Florentine
Salmon is by far our favorite fish when prepared properly and this Salmon Florentine recipe is sure to leave you satisfied! With a flavorful assortment of spinach, green onions, tomatoes and ricotta cheese you'll wonder how something so amazing is still on plan!
The health benefits and nutritional make up of Salmon
Salmon is one of the most popular fish in the world. It's a healthy food and also very tasty. Salmon has been around for a long time, and people have been eating it for thousands of years because it's delicious as well as being good for your health.
Salmon is a good source of protein.
Protein is essential for building muscle and keeping you full. Without the right amount of protein in your diet, you may feel tired and weak. Salmon contains all nine essential amino acids that are needed to create new proteins in our bodies. Protein helps maintain healthy bones, skin, hair and nails by providing the necessary nutrients needed to support these body parts as they grow older or when they’re injured (for example, a cut).
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1/2 cup Green Onions Chopped
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1(12) oz Spinach Chopped
- 11/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes Chopped
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 4 (51/2) oz Salmon
- Spray small Light Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a medium skillet, cook onions in oil until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add the spinach (12-oz.package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and patted dry), chopped cherry tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, salt (optional) and pepper. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let cool 10 minutes. Stir in the ricotta cheese (part-skim)
- Place a quarter of the spinach mixture on top of each salmon fillet. Place fillet on a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.