Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Shrimp Fajitas
- 2Healthy Fat
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to OPTAVAIA, weighing your food is an important part of the OPTAVIA 5 & 1 program; in fact, it's one of the key elements. If you want to be successful, you need to make sure that each meal has been weighed exactly to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 16 oz Raw Shrimp
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 2 cup Red Peppers Sliced
- 2 cup Yellow Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1/2 cup Zucchini Grated
- 1/2 cup Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 3/8 cup Reduced fat Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters
- 1/8 tsp Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle
- 2 medium Avocado Sliced
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp. olive oil on med.-high heat. Add peppers, shrimp and Cajun seasoning cook approximately 4-5 minutes, till shrimp is pink.
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Mini Tortilla Shell recipe- microwave the cauliflower rice 2 minutes then cool and put in a (tea towel or cheesecloth) and squeeze out the excess water.
- Do not microwave the Zucchini, sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash and let stand for 15 minutes then squeeze all the excess water out.
- After squeezing out the water, mix the egg beaters, cheese with the cauliflower and zucchini to make 4 mini circles. Approximately, (1/3) cup on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, spray with non stick cooking spray. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, flip 1/2 way through and cook another 15 minutes.
- Fill the mini tortillas with shrimp and peppers and top with avocados.