Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Smash Potato Grilled Cheese
- 1 1/2Lean
The taste of a good warm grilled cheese always brings back great childhood memories. Now, with this simple Smash Potato Grilled Cheese fueling hack you can get that nostalgia without the guilt!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 sachet OPTAVIA Essential Smashed Potatoes
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded (optional)*
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl, mix OPTAVIA Essential Smashed Potatoes and water until well combined. Microwave on high for 11/2 minutes, then stir.
- Lightly spray hot waffle iron with cooking spray and pour mixture into iron. Close lid and cook until done, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Open lid, and sprinkle choice of cheese (Low-fat shredded Cheddar, mozzarella, or Pepper Jack) on half of waffle (two of the four). Fold over the other half of the waffle, close the lid of the waffle iron, and continue cooking until cheese is melted, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.