Lean & Green Healthy Spaghetti Squash Bolognese
- 1Healthy Fat
Looking for something easy and healthy to make? Try this Spaghetti Squash Bolognese recipe! This dish is sure to impress everyone you're serving!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 3 cup Cooked Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 1/2 cup Low Sodium Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Spinach
- 2 small Green Onions
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil
- Cut squash in half and take out seeds. Brush olive oil on both halves and cook face down for 30 minutes at 350. Once cooked, fork the squash out and divide into 3 servings (.5), (reserve any leftover squash for another meal).
- Cook ground turkey then drain. Add in garlic, onion and tomatoes until heated through. Add in spinach and basil. Remove from heat.
- Spoon 5 oz of meat sauce over each of the portions of squash.