Lean and Green Spaghetti Squash Bolognese
- 1Healthy Fat
Looking for something easy and healthy to make? Try this Spaghetti Squash Bolognese recipe! This dish is sure to impress everyone you're serving!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
- 3 cup(s) Cooked Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Low Sodium Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Fresh Spinach
- 2 small Green Onions
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh Basil
- Cut squash in half and take out seeds. Brush olive oil on both halves and cook face down for 30 minutes at 350. Once cooked, fork the squash out and divide into 3 servings (.5), (reserve any leftover squash for another meal).
- Cook ground turkey then drain. Add in garlic, onion and tomatoes until heated through. Add in spinach and basil. Remove from heat.
- Spoon 5 oz of meat sauce over each of the portions of squash.