Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Stuffed Eggplant with Cauliflower Rice & Shrimp
- 2Healthy Fat
Need a quick and easy appetizer? Then you have got to try this Stuffed Eggplant with Cauliflower Rice & Shrimp recipe. Our house can not get enough of them!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 medium Eggplant
- 1/2 tsp Salt Divided
- 21/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Divided
- 13/4 lbs Raw Shrimp
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cup Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 3 stalk Scallions Minced
- 1/2 cup Low-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Cut each eggplant into 8, 11/2- to 3-inch rounds. Hollow out the eggplant rounds to make "cups" with a 1/2 inch-thick rim and bottom. Chop the scooped out flesh, and set aside.
- Season the eggplants with 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional), and roast them in the oven at 450*F for about 18 minutes until partially cooked. Set aside, and allow to cool.
- While eggplant is cooking prepare the stuffing by seasoning the shrimp with the remaining salt (optional) and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick skillet, and briefly stir-fry the shrimp (peeled and deveined) until they are pink on the outside. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil and stir-fry the chopped eggplant flesh with the cauliflower "rice" over medium-high heat until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the scallions and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Bake in the oven at 450*F for about 10 to 15 minutes until heated through.