Lean & Green Healthy Surf & Turf Salad
- 0Healthy Fat
If you're following, Keto, Lean and Green, or any other low-carb diet, you might try to find low-carb variations of the meals you usually love. One meal that's set at mealtime that many people can't seem to figure out how to recreate is Surf & Turf! How do you make a Surf and Turf without sinking all your carbs for the day?
If you're looking for more fabulous recipes to try? You can check out all of our great recipes here on lean and green recipes!
Benefits of Shrimp in your Diet
Shrimp is an excellent source of protein, selenium, vitamin B12 and iodine. These nutrients are essential for good health and play a role in everything from tissue growth to energy production. Shrimp is also low in calories and fat compared to other seafood like salmon or tuna, making it an ideal meal option if you're watching your weight or trying to lose some pounds. If you're looking for ways to add more shrimp into your diet without breaking the bank on fancy dinners out at trendy restaurants—or even just getting bored with your usual order of chicken fingers—then look no further than these seven reasons why it's time we all started adding some shellfish into our lives!
Shrimp is low in fat and calories.
Shrimp is low in fat and calories, providing just 90 calories per 4-ounce serving. This makes it a great choice for people who are watching their weight or who want to add more protein to their diets.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Cucumber Sliced
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lbs Flank Steak
- 1 tbsp Oregano Minced
- 2 medium Garlic Cloves Minced
- 8 oz Raw Shrimp
- 8 cup Romaine Lettuce Chopped
- ¼ tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1 cup Diced Tomatoes
- Pre-heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, and grill until steak is cooked as desired (note: for medium-rare, cook the beef to an internal temperature of 125°F; for medium to 135°; for medium-well to 145°F; for well-done to 160°F).
- Remove, allow to rest for about 5 minutes, and slice into cubes or strips.
- Meanwhile, season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Spray with nonstick spray and grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Whisk together the vinegar, garlic, oregano, and oil to make the dressing.
- For one portion, place 2 cups of lettuce, ¼ cup of cucumbers, and ¼ cup of tomatoes in a bowl. Top with 4 ounces of sliced steak and 2 ounces of shrimp. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the dressing over the salad.