Lean & Green Healthy Taco Stuffed Portabellos
Who needs a tortilla, with these Taco Stuffed Portabellas you'll get all that taco flavor, minus the heavy tortilla carbs! Easy to make and a great option for a snack or appetizer.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 4 large Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp Onion Chopped
- 1/4 cup Poblano Peppers Diced
- 1 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 (14.5oz.) can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 oz Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese Spiraled
- preheat broiler to low. Remove stems, and gently scrape out the gill from the underside of the mushroom cap and discard. Rub olive oil onto mushrooms and place on a baking sheet. Broil until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook beef with onion, pepper, and garlic in a large skillet until brown over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, add tomatoes and spices, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into four portions, then scoop one portion into each mushroom cap (serve any excess filling alongside the mushroom). Sprinkle approximately 1oz. of cheese on top of each mushroom.