Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Turkey Chili
- 1Healthy Fat
Fall will be here again before you know it and this Turkey Chili is a great addition to your meal offerings. With the perfect combination of flavors and spices be sure you have enough for the entire family to enjoy!
Separate the white and green parts of the diced scallions. Use white in dish and save the green to garnish each bowl.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to OPTAVAIA, weighing your food is an important part of the OPTAVIA 5 & 1 program; in fact, it's one of the key elements. If you want to be successful, you need to make sure that each meal has been weighed exactly to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2 stalk Scallions Diced
- 1 large Red Bell Peppers Diced
- 1 medium Jalapeno Peppers Diced
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 11/4 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 1,(28oz.) can Fire-roasted Tomatoes Diced
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 4 oz Avocado Sliced
- 2 oz Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat, and cook the white part of the scallions with the peppers and salt(optional) for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook about 1 minute.
- Add the turkey, break it up into small pieces using a wooden spoon, and cook until it is cooked through.
- Pour in the tomatoes fire-roasted tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder, stir till combined together. Cover, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes on low.
- Ladle into bowls and top each with about 1oz. of avocado and about 1/2oz. of cheese. Sprinkle the green part of scallions on top.