Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Blackened Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 2Healthy Fat
We love almost anything with shrimp and this Blackened Shrimp Lettuce Wraps recipe is no exception to that rule! Amazing flavor, easy to prepare; light and full of texture.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 lbs Raw Shrimp
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 tsp Olive Oil Divided
- 1 cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 6 oz Avocado
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice Divided
- 11/2 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Peppers Finely Diced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion FInely Chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1 medium Jalapeno Peppers FInely Chopped
- 12 (Leaves) large Romaine Lettuce
- Place shrimp and Old Bay seasoning in a re-sealable plastic bag (you may need to divide shrimp into two batches).
Shake contents of bag to distribute seasoning evenly.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in large skillet, and add half of the shrimp in a single layer. Cook about 2 to3 minutes per side, until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining olive oil and shrimp.
- For the avocado crema: Combine Greek yogurt, avocado, and one tablespoon of lime juice in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- For the tomato salsa: Stir the tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, and remaining tablespoon of lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Prepare the lettuce wraps by dividing the shrimp, avocado crema, and tomato salsa evenly among the lettuce leaves. Serve immediately.