Lean and Green Seared Tofu with Eggplant Puree and Grilled Zucchini
This Seared Tofu with Eggplant Puree and Grilled Zucchini recipe is a great little vegetarian appetizer that you and your guests will all enjoy!
NOTE: 1/2 optional snack, Crushed Garlic - mash the cloves with the flat side of a chief's knife. Food Processor or Blender to puree is needed.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 lbs Eggplant Halved
- 1 tsp Salt Divided
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Divided
- 1 can Cooking spray
- 31/2 lbs Extra Firm Tofu Sliced
- 1 medium Zucchini
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Divided
- 1/4 cup Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Crushed
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Cut the egg plant in half lengthwise, and score the flesh with a small knife about 1/2 inch deep in a crisscross pattern. Place eggplant on a lightly greased baking sheet, and sprinkle a 1/4 teaspoon of salt on top. Roast the eggplant with the flesh side up for about 30 minutes, or until the flesh is very soft and the surface is golden brown.
- While the eggplant is roasting, slice the tofu in 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices and place in a mixing bowl. Toss the tofu slices with a 1/4 teaspoon of both salt and pepper. Set aside and allow to marinate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut the zucchini on a bias into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill and flip till both sides of zucchini is golden brown. Set aside and keep warm.
- When the eggplant is finished roasting, remove it from the oven and all to cool just enough to handle. Scoop the flesh in a food processor. Add the peanut butter powder, garlic, 1 teaspoon oil, and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Process into a smooth puree; set aside and keep warm.
- In a lightly greased nonstick skillet, sear the tofu slices until golden brown on both sides.
- Neatly arrange the tofu, zucchini, around the eggplant puree on a plate. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.