Lean & Green Healthy Steamed Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1Healthy Fat
WOW! If you're here looking for a delicious and healthy recipe, then you've come to the right place. This Steamed Stuffed Mushrooms recipe undoubtedly the most scrumptious appetizer that I have ever tried. It's so easy to make, I could eat this everyday. Give this great low-calorie option for your next meal!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chili Oil
- 6 oz Lean Ground Chicken
- 2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 medium Scallions Minced
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 7 oz Cooked Shrimp FInely Chopped
- 7 oz White Mushrooms
- Combine minced chicken and shrimp with soy sauce, vinegar, oil, and pepper. Marinate for at least one hour. Drain liquid when finished.
- When ready to serve, stuff each mushroom cap with the chicken and shrimp mixture and place on a steamer plate (if needed, put any extra meat and shrimp alongside the mushrooms on the plate).
- Steam for about 15 minutes on stovetop, or until the meat and shrimp are fully cooked.
- Garnish with scallions and chili oil.