Lean and Green Vegetable Tofu Bowl with Eggs
This Vegetable Tofu Bowl with Eggs recipe is packed full of flavor and a perfect addition to your vegetarian plan options.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 lbs Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/2 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Canola Oil
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 2 cup Button Mushrooms Halved
- 1 medium Red Bell Peppers Diced
- 1 cup Yellow Squash Diced
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes Diced
- 11/2 tbsp Fresh Ginger Root Minced
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 11/2 tbsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro Crushed
- 2 tbsp Low Fat Parmesan Cheese
- Pat dry the tofu, and cut into cubes. Season with salt (optional) and pepper. In a large pot or wok, heat the 2 tsp. oil over medium-high heat and sear tofu on all sides until golden brown; set aside.
- Add the cauliflower, mushrooms, peppers (seeds removed), squash, tomatoes, ginger(finely minced), garlic, soy sauce, sriracha and 2 cups of water to the pot or wok. Place the tofu on top and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-high and gently cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and remove all of the vegetables and tofu with a slotted spoon or skimmer into 4 serving bowls, putting an equal amount into each bowl.
- Crack the eggs into the remaining cooking liquid, being careful not to break them. Simmer for 5 minutes. using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs from the liquid and arrange one egg on top of each vegetable and tofu bowl.
- Stir the cilantro (coarsely cut) into the cooking liquid, and pour an equal amount of liquid over each bowl. Sprinkle each bowl with a 1/2 tablespoon of parmesan cheese, and serve hot.