Lean and Green Baked Cod with Tomatoes & Feta
- 2Healthy Fat
Fish is always considered a leaner option and this wonderful Baked Cod with Tomatoes & Feta recipe will have you wondering why you don't eat leaner options more and more!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
- 4 stalk Scallions Chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 small Garlic Cloves
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 3 small Zucchini
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Divided
- 1 3/4 can Cod Fillet
- 1/3 cup(s) Reduced Fat Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 cup(s) Fresh Whole Basil Leaves
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- In a sauce pan, cook the garlic and white parts of scallions in one tablespoon olive oil until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano, and simmer gently for 20 minutes, or until tomatoes reduce and thicken.
- While tomatoes are cooking, slice the zucchinis lengthwise on a mandolin to make 1/8-inch thick slices; set aside.
- When tomatoes are done, remove from heat and stir in green part of scallions.
- Arrange the sliced zucchini in an oven proof casserole dish, and place cod on top. Season cod with salt and a 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Top cod with cooked tomatoes and feta cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cod reaches an internal temperature of 145*F. Top with basil and remaining black pepper.