Lean & Green Healthy Baked Cod with Tomatoes & Feta
- 2Healthy Fat
Fish is always considered a leaner option and this wonderful Baked Cod with Tomatoes & Feta recipe will have you wondering why you don't eat leaner options more and more!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 4 stalk Scallions Chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 small Garlic Cloves
- 2 1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 3 small Zucchini
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Divided
- 1 3/4 can Cod Fillet
- 1/3 cup Reduced Fat Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 cup Fresh Whole Basil Leaves
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- In a sauce pan, cook the garlic and white parts of scallions in one tablespoon olive oil until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano, and simmer gently for 20 minutes, or until tomatoes reduce and thicken.
- While tomatoes are cooking, slice the zucchinis lengthwise on a mandolin to make 1/8-inch thick slices; set aside.
- When tomatoes are done, remove from heat and stir in green part of scallions.
- Arrange the sliced zucchini in an oven proof casserole dish, and place cod on top. Season cod with salt and a 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Top cod with cooked tomatoes and feta cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cod reaches an internal temperature of 145*F. Top with basil and remaining black pepper.