Lean & Green Healthy Broiled Greek Burger with Lettuce Wraps
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 11/4 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp Salt Divided (optional)*
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Divided
- 2 tsp Garlic Cloves Divided
- 1 stalk Scallions Minced
- 1 tbsp Capers Minced
- 3 oz Low-fat Crumbled Feta
- 11/4 lbs English Cucumbers
- 1/2 cup Low-fat Greek Yogurt
- 8 large Romaine Lettuce
- Combine the beef with half of the salt (optional), pepper, and crushed garlic. Add the scallions and capers and mix well.
- Carefully fold in the crumbled feta, and shape the beef mixture into 8 even-sized patties; set aside.
- To make the tzatzki, grate the cucumber into a colander and combine with the remaining salt (optional). Allow cucumber to drain in the colander for about 10 minutes. With a kitchen towel or cheese cloth, squeeze excess moisture from the cucumbers and place in a bowl. Add the yogurt and remaining pepper and garlic to the cucumbers, and stir to combine.
- Broil the beef patties on high for about 5 minutes to an internal temperature of about 165*F, flipping once to achieve even cooking and browning.
- Serve burgers on a large lettuce leaf with tzatzki.