Lean & Green Healthy Chicken in Spinach Sauce
- 1Healthy Fat
This Chicken in Spinach Sauce is a healthy and delicious meal that you can quickly prepare for the whole family!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Chicken in Spinach Sauce Ingredients
- 1 3/4 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 3 cup Hot Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1 medium Green Bell Peppers Julienned
- 6 cup Raw Spinach
- 1 1/3 oz Toasted Cashews
- 4 medium Scallions Minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger Root Sliced
- 2 tsp Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 small Red Bell Peppers Julienned
- 2 medium Jalapeno Peppers Minced
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
Lean & Green Chicken in Spinach Sauce Instructions
- Very gently poach the chicken in salted water until fully cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes. Once the chicken is done, plunge it into cold water to stop the cooking and cool it down. Reserve the broth for later use, and pull the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a wok or pot, combine one cup of the reserved chicken broth with the sliced green pepper and cool for about 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Add the spinach and continue to cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Combine the spinach and pepper in a blender with the cashews and puree until smooth; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, combine the scallions, ginger, garlic, red peppers, jalapeno peppers, turmeric and one cup of the reserved chicken broth. Cover with a lid and cook until the red peppers are tender.
- Stir in the pureed spinach and continue to simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for one minute, or until chicken is heated through.
- Add the garam masala and remaining chicken broth. Serve warm.
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Chicken Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Chicken Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Chicken Recipes easily!