Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Asparagus & Crab Meat Frittata
- 2Healthy Fat
Kicking off your day with a perfect frittata is where it's at and with this Asparagus & Crab Meat Frittata recipe you'll be going strong all day!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to OPTAVAIA, weighing your food is an important part of the OPTAVIA 5 & 1 program; in fact, it's one of the key elements. If you want to be successful, you need to make sure that each meal has been weighed exactly to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lbs Asparagus
- 1 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 lbs Crabmeat
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chives FInely Chopped
- 1/4 cup Basil
- 4 cup Liquid Egg Substitute
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Remove the tough ends of the asparagus and cut it into bite-size pieces. Season with salt(optional) , pepper, and paprika.
- In a 12-inch to 14-inch oven-proof, non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil and gently sweat the asparagus until tender. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- While asparagus is steaming, in a large mixing bowl, add the chives, basil and crab meat. Pour in the liquid egg substitute and gently mix until combined.
- Carefully pour the crab and egg mixture into the skillet with the cooked asparagus, and gently stir to combine. Cook over low to medium heat until the eggs start bubbling.
- Place the skillet back into the oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until the eggs are fully cooked and golden brown. Serve warm.