Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Caprese Chicken
- 1Healthy Fat
Chicken Caprese is a mouthwatering recipe that's a perfect spring or summer meal. The combination of mozzarella, tomatoes, fresh basil and perfectly grilled chicken can't be beat. Plus, add some balsamic vinegar for a little pop to make this meal one you'll want to make again and again. Easy to prepare and a favorite that's sure to help keep you on plan!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 medium Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 cup Grape Tomatoes Cubed
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Butterflied
- 2 cup Reduced-Fat Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- Butterfly the chicken breast(s) and pound very thin (1/8 to 1/4 inch thick)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir for one minute.
- Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes until tomatoes have softened.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh basil.
- Grill or sauté chicken breasts over medium-high heat for a few minutes on each side until fully cooked and juices flow clear.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and turn oven to broil.
- Top chicken with tomato mixture and mozzarella cheese, similar to how you would top a pizza.
- Place baking sheet into oven to broil for 2-5 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted.