Lean & Green Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- 1Healthy Fat
A classic Italian dish, this Chicken Parmesan is absolutely amazing! Coupled with some light zucchini noodles and you have a hearty dish that's on plan, great tasting and a true family pleaser!
Benefits of Boneless Skinless Chicken in your Diet
If you're looking for a healthy, low-calorie food that's easy to prepare, boneless skinless chicken breast is the perfect option. Chicken breasts are rich in selenium and vitamin B which help promote heart health, as well as high protein and low fat content that makes it great for anyone trying to lose weight. Chicken breasts are also versatile and can be used in many different dishes such as sandwiches or salads.
Chicken breasts are a high protein, low-fat food.
You can enjoy the benefits of boneless skinless chicken breasts in your diet. They are a high protein, low-fat food that provides nearly all the essential amino acids and vitamins. Protein is important for building muscle, boosting immunity, lowering blood pressure and improving heart health. It also promotes healthy hair growth and helps you feel full longer so you won’t overeat at mealtime.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1.75 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Large Flake Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Large Flake Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt Divided (optional)*
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 (15oz.) can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 stalk Scallions Chopped
- 2 medium Zucchini Spiraled
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Combine the almond flour and (2tbsp+2tsp together) of large flake nutritional yeast in a medium-sized bowl. Season chicken breast with salt (optional) and pepper, and then coat both sides with almond mixture.
- Bake the chicken for 12 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165*F. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and set aside to rest.
- While the chicken is baking, combine tomatoes, oregano, garlic, and scallions in a pot and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Zucchinis (1 lb. total), cut, sliced, or "spiralized" into noodle-like strands (should yield about 4 cups zucchini noodles). Steam zucchini "noodles" in a steamer basket over boiling water on stovetop until tender.
- Serve zucchini "noodles" with marinara and chicken.