Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Grilled Chicken with Eggplant Parmesan
- 1Healthy Fat
Eggplant has become one of my favorite vegetables as of late and this delicious Grilled Chicken with Eggplant Parmesan only reinforces that. If you want some great taste and texture in a quick and easy, light-weight meal, then look no further.
NOTE: You can buy fresh or frozen pre-grilled chicken breast strips at the grocery store to save time.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 6 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 8 tsp Large Flake Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 lbs Eggplant Sliced
- 1 can Light Cooking Spray
- 1,(14.5) can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 stalk Scallions Chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil Chopped
- 11/2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Sliced
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Combine almond flour, nutrient yeast, salt (optional) and pepper in medium bowl.
- Rinse the eggplant, cut into 8 rounds about 1/2-inch thick, and coat both sides with almond flour mixture. Place eggplant slices on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through the baking time.
- While eggplant is baking, combine the tomatoes, garlic, and scallions in a saucepan, and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the eggplant is cooked, remove from the oven and serve with tomato sauce and grilled chicken.