Lean and Green Grilled Chicken with Tomato Bruschetta
- 1Healthy Fat
Want to taste a classic Italian dish without the bread? Then try this Grilled Chicken with Tomato Bruschetta recipe! It taste amazing and takes very little time to prepare.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 3 medium Vine Ripe Tomatoes Chopped
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Onion FInely Chopped
- 4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 36 oz Raw Chicken Breast
- Combine red onions, olive oil, balsamic, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Set aside a few minutes.
- Chop the tomatoes and place them in a large bowl. Combine with garlic, basil, onion, and balsamic vinegar combination and then add 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper. Set aside and let it sit at least 10 minutes (overnight if preferred).
- Preheat grill to medium-high, and spray with vegetable oil to keep from sticking to the grates.
- Season chicken (4-(9 oz. raw chicken) with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until it reaches 165*F internally.
- After grilling move to a plate and top each chicken breast with tomato bruschetta.