Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Trying to figure out what to make for dinner? Try this Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore recipe! It taste delicious and is easy to make!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to OPTAVAIA, weighing your food is an important part of the OPTAVIA 5 & 1 program; in fact, it's one of the key elements. If you want to be successful, you need to make sure that each meal has been weighed exactly to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 can Cooking spray
- 1 cup Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Scallions
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Peppers
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Peppers
- 1/2 tsp Dried Onion
- 1 small Bay Leaf
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Press saute on the Instant Pot, lightly spray with cooking oil and brown on both sides 2-3 minutes. Set aside. Spray with a little more oil and add onions and peppers. Saute until soften and golden, approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour tomatoes over the chicken and vegetables, add bay leaf, salt and pepper, give it a good stir and cover.
- Cook high pressure for 25 minutes; then use natural release method.
- Remove bay leaf, garnish with parsley and serve over green of choice for your 3rd. green.