Lean & Green Healthy Italian Sausage Patties and Peppers
If you're looking for an easy-to-prepare lean and green recipe well this Italian Sausage Patties and Peppers is for you. It's a simple set of ingredients but is full of flavor!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 12 oz Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 cup Green Bell Peppers Sliced
- 1 cup Red Peppers Sliced
- 1 cup Yellow Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1.5 tsp Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Fennel Seed
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine seasonings in a large bowl. Mix seasoning into ground turkey. Form seasoned ground turkey into thin patties and place on grill.
- Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray for 5-10 seconds and heat to medium heat.
- Add peppers and saute until lightly browned.
- Place vegetables on to plates and top with ground turkey patties.