Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Italian Wedding Soup
There's nothing better when it's cold outside than a nice warm bowl of soup and this Italian Wedding Soup is bound to warm your day! Stay on plan with this great twist on a classic!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 6 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1.25 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 cup Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 4 oz Raw Spinach
- Bring half of the broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, combine beef, egg, half of parmesan cheese, half of Italian seasoning and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Form mixture into small meatballs, about 1/2-inch in diameter.
- Add meatballs to broth, and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining broth and Italian seasoning, and bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower rice and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve soup topped with remaining parmesan.