Lean & Green Healthy Italian Wedding Soup
There's nothing better when it's cold outside than a nice warm bowl of soup and this Italian Wedding Soup is bound to warm your day! Stay on plan with this great twist on a classic!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Italian Wedding Soup Ingredients
- 6 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1.25 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 cup Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 4 oz Raw Spinach
Lean & Green Italian Wedding Soup Instructions
- Bring half of the broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, combine beef, egg, half of parmesan cheese, half of Italian seasoning and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Form mixture into small meatballs, about 1/2-inch in diameter.
- Add meatballs to broth, and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining broth and Italian seasoning, and bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower rice and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve soup topped with remaining parmesan.
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Beef Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Beef Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Beef Recipes easily!